12.06.2007

fucking HATE symantec

So Norton tells me yesterday that there's a new upgrade available. I look at it, it's 2008, and it's supposed to run faster or something. Since it runs slow as hell anyway, I figure it probably couldn't hurt. I mean, they wouldn't remove even MORE features like they did in '07, right?

Dead wrong.

Not only did they remove ad-blocking (probably the ONE THING in norton still worth the effort), it's pretty much gimped it's own usability. Sure, it's black and shiny now, but it doesn't fucking work. I don't even think the firewall is working anymore. Here's a copy of the letter I just sent them:

Your product "upgrades" remove features. Stop breaking things that work just fine. After installing 2008, I no longer have ad-blocking. This is AFTER I had to search through your developer's blog entries to find the Add-on Pack for 2007. I had to use Google to find it, it wasn't even available via your site's search engine!
This is ridiculous. Words cannot express how much disappointment, frustration, and extreme annoyance I am feeling toward you right now. Your business model is broken, and whoever keeps making the decision to do things like this either has no respect for the intelligence of your customers or does not care about your product at all. I will never purchase, install, or even pirate a Symantec product ever again. That's right, I wouldn't even steal it. I will also do all in my ability from this day forward to make certain that no one I know does the same.
I must now spend the next several hours of my time trying to rectify the damage your "upgrade" has done. In all likelihood I will need to entirely reconfigure my anti-virus to get it to its previously functional state. Thank you for the wasted time.

Kindest regards possible,
::pockyninja

So now I have to go try and fix my computer. Again. All the while looking at that goddamn masochist monkey who wants to give me a fucking iPod.
Some days I hate the world a little bit more than others.

No comments: