8.02.2007

convenient laziness

I've been thinking today, I don't really listen to music on my hard drive anymore. Since I got high-speed internet, I've never taken the trouble to build a decent playlist of music I like. There are so many good streaming radio stations (somaFM, DI, OCremix) that I just sit down, turn one on, and go.
It's kind of interesting, really. The reason I used to listen to downloaded music (back when napster was free) rather than streaming was because my dailup *shudder* and crappy computer couldn't handle it. I remember starting some downloads before bed, then waking up the next morning to see if they were done. I only do that for extremely large downloads now. And even then, it's more like go take a walk, come back and it's done. Things back then took FOR-EV-ER, internet wise. I did learn something of patience, back then. Now, if my net hiccups, I get ticked off and glare at the modem.
I really can't help but wonder the impact of increasingly faster technology on the younger generations.
On the other hand, if all of the wifi and cell phone signals all stop functioning simultaneously, people my age will be as gods. Woo!

This is a pattern I made for my design class. I've been told that it looks like fabric and also razor wire. Comfy.


Click for the full size.


----------------
Hearing: Caaher - Approximate
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Fists Of Clay said...

Hey! Its me. I've made a blog. I like what you're doing with that design class! I remember doing all the prospective stuff in drawing one. You know, they don't do that anymore. So feel lucky! You should try going into 4, 5, and 6 point perspective. :) look it up. Its pretty amazing, and hard. haha. I have the soundtrack to Chrono Cross if you want it.

米音賛 said...

^__^;;

I'll start posting in japanese and english soon. :D

have you seen Hot Fuzz??

And no, I didnt do my profile pic. But if google asks... then yes... yes I did...and you were there watching me.

Larry "Liontamer" Oji said...

Thank for being a fan of OC ReMix and Ormgas.com. Please spread the word when you can. I'm just glad you enjoy the material there.

Larry "Liontamer" Oji
Head Submissions Evaluator, OverClocked ReMix
http://www.ocremix.org