7.15.2007

ow, my back

I need to find my clipboard; hunching over to sketch stuff is getting old real quick. Classes are a lot more busy this term; perspective in particular has been kicking my butt. Probably because most of my drawings aren't of anything real. Might have something to do with it. But I guess you've got to learn the rules to break 'em, neh?
Speaking of breaking rules, I thought of something last night. If
A + B = A
then what two things can we discern from that? The easy answer is that B = 0. The logic fuck is to consider that B is something we cannot perceive by any available means, so it we label it as 0 in order to make it understandable. But if B isn't 0, even if we can't perceive it, it means that the A on the left side of the equation isn't the same as the A on the right side of the equation. A has had something changed in it. It's not the same A as it was before B came along. In this case, A /= A.
Now think about how many B's have happened to you, the things you've never been able to notice. All of those instances and events in your life that you cannot even begin to comprehend. The things that change you.

Are you still you?

No comments: